Sunday, January 2, 2011

Remembering Warmer Days

I'm sick and tired of this Siberia world we're currently living in. 

Hubby left for the cabin at dawn yesterday to shovel the roof.  Four feet of snow on a corrugated tin roof, which runs the wrong direction so the snow won't slide.  Called me last night and said it -3 INSIDE when he got there and now a balmy 10 degrees outside.  Our old Coleman oil stove, which I inherited from my Granparents, has quit working.  Hubby was climbing in under the electric blanket and hoping the wall heaters would keep the pipes from freezing.

"Down" here I'm feeding Belgians and breaking ice multiple times a day.  For some reason it was hard to get our house warm last night.  I think the days of continued unusual cold nights are taking their toll on our heating system.  I've been firing up the wood stove at night but last night that didn't seem to make much difference.

I got to thinking about the warmer days and thought I'd share some of them with you.  Maybe THEY can warm us all up!










Ahhhh, much warmer now!  :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice to see the green! Thanks for the reminder that warmer days are ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I cant wait for the warmer weather, late spring and the summer are my fav. Every spring I look and listen out for the first Robin. When my mum was alive we would have a competition as to who saw or heard the robin first, I miss that but I still do it in memery of mum ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it warms up for you soon. -3 inside is way too cold. We have to shovel our roof occasionally if the snowfall accumulation is a lot. Most years we don't need to. Almost worse than shoveling the roof is then having to deal with what has fallen to the ground so as not to block doorways, stairs, etc. That packed snow is heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope not much warmer~! LOL Nice pictures though. It did not get above freezing here in Eastern Oregon today! UGH! So tired of the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are having the weather we had last year. Not that I love winter (I hate it!) but I can't complain too much this year. It's been in the 40's the last week which is pretty much unheard of. They say it will be colder this coming week, but considering the first 2 months weren't bad, I might survive these last 2 months of what is typically Nebraska's coldest weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to be having a blast! Do you wear long johns? I started doing that over a year ago and it helps reduce the cold on my leggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures!
    You've been awarded the Stylish Blogger award. Stop by http://rogo5.blogspot.com/ to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had days of below zero weather now. Somehow I'm still willing to go to the barn to ride and play with the horses.
    You have an award waiting for you on my blog. Hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete