Sunday, December 23, 2012

Prince - Our Christmas Gift

Prince on November 3rd, the day after I brought him home: 


Starved
 
 Beaten up by his former owner's (fat and sleek) horses
 
Muddy and neglected

In a daze from lack of food
 
Prince on November 8th:
 
Starting to feel safe and mentally coming around

Always hungry

Always eating
 
Prince (and Bob) on December 18th:
 
Still always eating
 
Haunches and spine are now filled in.  Bites are healed.
 
Alert, happy and relaxed
 
I'll soon be preparing to ride Prince, starting with ground work.  When I swing my leg over his back you will be the first to know.  In the meantime this year my family and I are all grateful to have Prince in our family. 
 
Last spring we sadly said goodbye to The Goldens.  It's nice to see one out there once more...
 
Prince - Our Christmas Gift!
 

 
 



3 comments:

  1. He is a cutie!!! Congrats on the new baby!
    Glad you are able to give him a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Prince is lucky to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on saving Prince, hope you enjoy him as well as Bob. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete